Various studies have been published across many reputable medical journals in regards to the effects of consuming aloe vera. Those who may benefit from aloe vera are:
- Anyone who wants to maintain a healthy gut 1.
- Anyone wishing to be regular 2 … me included!
- Anyone trying to lose weight 3
- People with high cholesterol 4
- People with in a pre-diabetic state and people with Type 2 Diabetes 5
- Anyone in need of a daily vitamin boost 6, especially A, C, E and B vitamins including B12
- Athletes in need of a delicious and convenient drink that provides hydration with essential vitamins, minerals and enzymes all while containing significantly less sugar than traditional sports drinks.
If you fall into any of these categories, Sappe Aloe Vera juice could be the perfect addition to your diet. Don’t take my word for it. Try it out and see the results for yourself!
1 Gullón B1, Gullón P, Tavaria F, Alonso JL, Pintado M. In vitro assessment of the prebiotic potential of Aloe vera mucilage and its impact on the human microbiota. Food Funct. 2015 Feb;6(2):525-31. doi: 10.1039/c4fo00857j.
2 Cellini, L., et al. In vitro activity of Aloe vera inner gel against Helicobacter pylori strains. 2014. Letters in Applied Microbiology. 59(1): p. 43-8.
3 Misawa, E., et al. Administration of dried Aloe vera gel powder reduced body fat mass in diet-induced obesity (DIO) rats. 2012. Journal of Nutritional Science & Vitaminology. 58(3): p. 195-201.
4 Dana, N., et al. The effect of Aloe vera leaf gel on fatty streak formation in hypercholesterolemic rabbits. 2012. Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 17(5): p. 439-442.
5 Suksomboon, N., et al. Effect of Aloe vera on glycaemic control in prediabetes and type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. 2016. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy & Therapeutics. 41(2): p. 180-188.
6 Foster, M., et al. Evaluation of the Nutritional and Metabolic Effects of Aloe vera. In: Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors. Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis; 2011. Ch. 3.